Thank you folks for the overwhelming response to the second online quiz for CuriosITi – the TenderLeaves Quiz League – in support of Teach For India.
We have Sridhar winning the second online quiz – great work there! Sridhar gets a month’s membership at TenderLeaves under the Leisure Reader plan. (Sridhar, our team will get in touch with you on email shortly).
This is also a good time to announce our honorable mentions, who narrowly missed out:
Here’s a special mention for Jebby Varghese and Abhinav,who did very well in both our online quizzes. Without ado, then, below are the answers to the second online quiz.
1. If you join a US university, you are given a printed(or online) directory of all students, their basic details and photographs. What is this directory called?
Khashabha Jadhav(from Kolhapur)
3. Identify this person.
4. Washington Post cartoon that is said to explain the origin of which toy?
5. Chirp is the developers’ conference organized by which company?
6. Give me their full names.
Rene Goscinny, Albert Uderzo
7. Barisal City, Bandar Seri Bagawan, Osaka, Udaipur and Srinagar are among the cities that share this distinction.
Which town in Kerala is the best known place in India that also shares this particular distinction? What distinction are we referring to?
Alleppey, Venice of the East
8. Which city’s linguistic composition is shown below?
9. Who are the two actors? Still from which movie?
Bruce Lee & Jackie Chan, Enter the Dragon
10. The ad jingle ‘Tandurusti ki raksha karta hai Lifebuoy’ was first sung by whom?