Okay. So we have a winner here! Thank you folks for the overwhelming response to the first online quiz for CuriosITi.
We have Abhinav winning the first online quiz – take a bow Abhinav! Abhinav gets a month’s membership at TenderLeaves under the Leisure Reader plan. (Abhinav, our team will get in touch with you on email shortly).
This is also a good time to announce our honorable mentions, who narrowly missed out:
– Venkatesh Srinivasan
– Jebby Varghese
– Rajaram S.
Watch out for our Online Quiz #2, which will go online soon! Answers to quiz 1 below:
1. This town in Pennsylvania, which gives its name to a corporation as well, is described by its official website as ‘the sweetest place on earth’. Which place?
2. Identify this person, considered one of the greatest in his field.
3. This mathematician was working on a mathematical concept – when he was spending time with his infant nephew. He named the concept after a sound made by his infant nephew as he babbled. What concept resulted?
4. How is this guy immortalized in the world of sport?
5. Which former sports administrator is the Executive Director of Godfrey Philips India?
6. What sporting venue’s name translates to ‘village on sea’?
Wijk aan Zee
7. The official end termini in North and South are Roha and Thokur. What are we talking about?
8. Google Doodle honoring whom?
9.In 1849, a British cantonment was established on the slopes of the Dhauladhar, on land where a Hindu resthouse stood. This resulted in the place’s name. What?
10. Image from which game?