0. You have not read a decent sports book in a while
1. You thought Agassi was the ‘coolest’ player ever to play tennis
2. You thought American tennis lacked spunk
3. Pete Sampras was too boring & clinically efficient for your taste
4. Being as good as he was, Agassi must have loved playing tennis
5. Agassi had great hair and must have shaved his head out of boredom
Agassi has written perhaps the best book on the life of a tennis player ever since McEnroe’s ‘Serious” came out. And since I have read McEnroe’s book as well, I can say with no prejudice that Agassi’s book is far more colorful than McEnroe’s.
Besides Agassi’s candour endears him to the reader as he talks about fears of any youngster growing up with a parent with high expectations, a messy love-life and other experiences anyone can relate to, not just a talented tennis superstar.
Not since Eric Clapton’s autobiography has anyone written so freely about themselves. A must read for any sports buff